Pages

Mar 31, 2007

A different approach to fasting

Click on the image to enlarge it.


Perhaps, this post is a little late.

I received this in a powerpoint format a couple of weeks ago. My Catholic colleague did a little photoshop wonder and turned a presentation into a compact image.

Everyone is encouraged to fast, but there isn't a particular prescribed time or manner of doing it (Authority for Abstinence in the New Law). There are many forms of fasting, it is not limited to abstinence from food only. Read more on fasting and abstinence here.

Lenten season is almost over. Tomorrow is Palm Sunday, and Good Friday is just another week away. I still feel that my Lenten preparation isn't enough, I could have done more. Much more. Sometimes I just hate myself for not being able to break through the difficulties I face. Another one week to Good Friday, Lord, give me the strength, Your grace and faith to prepare myself well this week.

Have a blessed Holy Week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi A:
I have had a difficult time the past 2 weeks in Lent with fasting and refraining and pure heart. Somedays I feel like a total failure....ughhh! I keep saying the rosary and my thoughts start to wander on earthly things and I get so mad at myself for not being more devoted and focused. Maybe this next week will be better. Blessings friend.

Audrey Yu said...

Hi CS,
Heh, same here. :) I would recommend the Station of the Cross... I'm kind of afraid of praying the Station, because I tend to cry. :)

Hope you have a great Holy Week, and a good preparation for Easter!