Pages

Dec 2, 2005

Man of Little Faith

I've just came back from a long and painful field trip. It was the toughest one for me. We had to walk for 4 hours to reach the village we were heading to, climbing up a lot of hills, which slowed me down. I have to admit that I'm getting older and my health is failing me. I almost lost my life if the Lord had not travelled with me. Blaming myself during the trip, I asked myself why I have to go through what I've been through. Yes, I started to lose hope and even faith. I wanted to give up.

But this particular song gave me a wake up call. The rough journey during the field trip represents the journey of life everyone has to go through. Life is not a bed of roses, but even if it is, roses have thorns and so is life. There is always ups and downs that we have to encounter.


YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE (by Point Of Grace)
Along life's road
There will be sunshine and rain
Roses and thorns, laughter and pain
And 'cross the miles
You will face mountains so steep
Deserts so long and valleys so deep
Sometimes the Journey's gentle
Sometimes the cold winds blow
But I want you to remember
I want you to know

You will never walk alone
As long as you have faith
Jesus will be right beside you all the way
You may feel you're far from home
But home is where He is
And he'll be there down every road
You will never walk alone

The path will wind
And you will find wonders and fears
Labors of love and a few falling tears
Across the years
There will be some twists and turns
Mistakes to make and lessons to learn
Sometimes the journey's gentle
Sometimes the cold winds blow
But I want you to remember where ever you may go

Jesus knows your joy, Jesus knows your need

He will go the distance with you faithfully

I know I'll be facing lots of difficulties in my thesis, and it has already started. Whether or not I can complete my work by the end of April, it all depends on my faith on the Lord. I'm praying that I will not think of giving up no matter what happened, 'cos I know that Jesus will be there all the time. Amen.

No comments: