Pages

Nov 28, 2005

The Wind of Change

Will I be able to resist changes in the future? Can I keep my vow of virginity after 20, 30 or 40 years? Will I still love the Lord as much as now? Human change through time, so goes the saying.

I remembered the conversation I had with a friend many years ago...

Me: "I thought you said you want to be a priest!"
Friend: "Yeah, but it was then. Now not anymore."
Me: "Why?"
Friend: "Human changes."

Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you...

So goes the song I used to like and sometimes I even sang it for the Lord. Today I ask myself, will I still love Him tomorrow? What if I give up following Him one day? What if He's no longer the most important someone in times to come?

I'm always in the environment that is conducive to changes. The friends I usually hang out with are Protestants and non-Christians. My housemates are lapsed Catholics who always make fun of me for my being serious about my Faith. It must have been the protection and strength of God that have kept me strong and unmovable for 3 long years!

No one knows about tomorrow except the Lord. Perhaps if we pray, He will always keep us under His loving care, and never will He hand us over to the devil, unless we chose to.

2 comments:

Prince of Darkness said...

Audrey...it's indeed true that human changes. But you will be able to resist it if you wish to. As long as you really have ur believe on something, I am sure that you will still achieve ur goal which you had for years

Audrey Yu said...

You're right, CK. Thank you. ;)