Pages

Jul 30, 2005

I hate...

...presentation. And I've just flawed one last Monday! I just don't get it. Why is that I like to stutter when I'm in front of people? I wasn't like that. I could express myself in English quite fluently and spontaneously. Clearly, my English is going down the drain. Excuses? Not reading any English books and newspapers, too much Chinese series instead of English ones and too much conversation in Mandarin with my Chinese friends. I'm starting to hate myself for that.

I've always hated presentation. Funny enough, I was so much relieved after I presented. I wasn't afraid of questions though, instead I await questions. Since when I've mutated into a question-lover, it must have been after what I've been through during Environmental Development class. For me, questions are challenges people throw at me, and I accept them happily.

I've tried my best to relax during a presentation and stop my stupid stutter for 3 years, but I've not succeeded. The proposal presentation is just around the corner, and I am in deep trouble. No matter how confident I am, I'm still the same... stutter and extremely nervous for no reason at all.

From this, I know that my future profession is certainly not teaching or giving talks, anything that requires me to stand out and speak to the crowd.

Presentation? Please spare my life if possible. I admit I'm a loser.

2 comments:

Prince of Darkness said...

Hey gal, probably you would want to start liking presentation. Presentation usually lies on your professionalism, the way you talk, the cloths tat you wear. All counts. It’s impossible to fail in presentation unless you didn’t do your homework. What I mean by homework is the preparation tat you need for your presentation. If you are lacking in your information, then only probably you will fail the presentation. So if you are prepared, just present, and if you are scared, try to focus on the walls behind the class, make yourself as if you are in your room practicing. Tat’s wat I normally do if the class is just too big.

Audrey Yu said...

Thanks CK. I shall try that out next week, hopefully it works... ;)