Pages

Jul 24, 2005

To Touch God's Heart

Deeper In Love
- Words and Music by Paul Baloche, Geoffrey Cueller, Sandy Hoffman and Ed Kerr

There is a longing
Only You can fill
A raging tempest
Only You can still
My soul is thirsting, Lord
To know You as I'm known
Drink from the river
That flows before Your throne

Chorus:
Take me deeper
Deeper in love with You
Jesus, hold me close in Your embrace
Take me deeper
Deeper than I've ever been before
I just want to love You more and more
How I long to be deeper in love

Sunrise to sunrise
I will seek Your face
Drawn by the Spirit to the promise of Your grace
My heart has found in You
A hope that will abide
Here in Your presence
Forever satisfied
(Repeat chorus)



It is such a beautiful song, isn't it? A song that almost caused me to shed tears this morning. Even in the church during Mass I was down, until I sang this song.

Indeed, only God alone can fill my heart's deepest longing. Only He alone can heal my every wounds, He alone who can make me see how love is supposed to be. I believe God must have heard me singing my heart out to Him. Right after this song ended, things looked brighter, people looked kinder; and peace flowed through my heart, just like water flowing through a dried up river.

To those whose spirit has dried up like me, let this song springs forth from your heart to touch God's heart.

2 comments:

Vidimusdominum said...

You're church sings such songs? My gosh... I haven't been to a Catholic church that celebrates mass with modern worship music.

Audrey Yu said...

:) Oh yes, our churches here in Kuching (or I think most churches in Malaysia) have contemporary worship songs in Mass. We even have Youth Mass where strings and drums are added...

You don't have that in Singapore?