Pages

Aug 18, 2006

Mind my own life

I realized that my last post (which I have deleted) will not just bring me lots of trouble, even the friends whom I love so much may be affected as well because of me. No, I don't want that to happen. I don't want to involve those who are innocent. Therefore, by not making that post public is the only way to protect those I love.

The story of Jesus and the prostitude has been in my mind ever since the day I sat down and did some reflections. Jesus said, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." (John 8:7) I knew that all along, that is why I didn't get to be the first one to "throw that stone." Today, I have more realizations and know that I should mind my own business.

1. God has His own PURPOSE for each of us, whether we are good or bad. In the same way, chances of meeting different types of people are given to me for a good reason. One of the many reasons (which my immature mind identified) is that God wants to open my eyes and let me learn from the mistakes of others, and also to apply other people's good points into my own life. Perhaps He is like a potter's hands shaping my life so that I become the person I am supposed to be. So, condemning a person is not my job.

2. The Bible says, "Do not give what is holy to dogs - they will only turn and attack you. Do not throw your pearls in front of pigs - they will only trample them underfoot." (Mark 7:6). I happen to spot this verse when I was flipping the pages to look for the encounter of Jesus with the prostitute (John 8). I know that there's no use getting angry, nor is it going to help if I take revenge. Therefore, why should I worry about those who couldn't care less about others? Why should I get angry with them? Will I get anything out of it? NO. Instead, it is such a waste of time and energy, besides causing me to have a shorter lifespan. Haha.

3. Who am I to teach others a lesson? Who am I to tell them that they need to change? Who am I to threaten them? I don't have the RIGHT and AUTHORITY to do all that, because God is the Ultimate Jugde and not me. The Bible says, "Do not jugde others, so that God will not judge you, for God will judge you in the same way you judge others..." (Matt 7:1). That verse has really scared me out of my chair! Well, why should I be afraid that they repeat their mistakes again and again? It's their choice anyway. All of us will have to give an account for our deeds at the end of our lives. We are all judged individually. I'm not the generous kind who would accompany them to hell! No way!!

4. Liking involves feeling, loving involves willing. I cannot distinguish the differences between 'like' and 'love' until years ago. When I say that I like someone, it is not necessary that I love him/her. In the same way, when I hate someone, it doesn't mean that I don't love him/her. Even though I can hate someone with all my heart and soul, I would still willingly help that person when he/she comes to me for help. Why? Because I LOVE God and whatever He says I'll do.

Okay, since it is no more my business and there's nothing I can do to change the situation, my real job is to PRAY. To pray for conversion of hearts. To pray for forgiveness. To pray for perseverence, courage and wisdom. To pray for God's protection and guidance. And to put all hope and trust in the Lord our God, who never fails to keep His promise. I also ask for prayers of this blog's readers, that God will protect me and those around me from the snares of the evil one.

[I've recovered from my anger and unwillingness to forgive. Looks like everything will return to normal again. Thank you for your prayers and advice. Father, I ask for Your forgiveness for bringing You so much pain. Have mercy on me, Lord!]

No comments: