Pages

Aug 4, 2006

Thanksgiving... on my birthdday

Gees... I'm kind of hungry when I see this cake.


I am celebrating my 24th birthday today.

Goodness, age is really catching up. At about 11:40 p.m. on 3rd August, I was surfing the internet and looking for some Catholic news that might attract me. An SMS came, but I took no notice of it. After 10 minutes, I checked the message and it was a pleasant surprise! A friend sent me a birthday greeting. Seriously, I forgot that I have lived for 24 years when the clock strikes 12:00 midnight.

See, I can be that forgetful sometimes. I almost forgotten my own birthday!

I don't think I will have a birthday cake this year. But the best birthday memory that I had was two years ago when I stayed with my campus mates in a rented house. They prepared a grand celebration for me, with chocolate fudge cake (yummy, I loved it!) and birthday song in 3 languages. Haha. I thank the Lord for them.

My birthday wish? I sincerely hope that I will become a better person - a better friend, a better daughter to my parents, and a better Bride to our Lord.


O God, I thank you for giving me another year of life.

I thank you for all the people who have remembered me today, and who have sent me cards, and letters, and good wishes, and presents.

I thank you for everything which I have been abled by you to do and to be in the past year.

I thank you for all the experiences of the past year;
for times of success which will always be happy memories;
for times of failure which reminded me of my own weakness and of my need of you;
for times of joy when the sun was shining;
for times of sorrow which drove me to you.

Forgive me
for the hours I have wasted;
for the chances I failed to take;
for the opportunities I missed in the past year.

Forgive me that I have not made of life all that I might have made of it and could have made of it; and help me in the days which lie ahead to make this the best year yet, and in it to bring happiness to my loved ones, and credit and joy to you.

Mary, Mother of God and my mother, please pray for me.
This I ask in Jesus' name. AMEN.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

chowkueyteow said...

Happy birthday, Audrey! =) May the joy of the Lord always be your strength and sustain you throughout your days. Hope you had a great one!

God bless!

Diego said...

Happy Birthday Audrey!!!! :)

May you have more birthdays to come... :)

I'll pray for you... :)

-Diego

Audrey Yu said...

Thank you all for your best wishes! They really warmed my heart. :)

Thanks again, my friends in Christ!!

God bless.