Do you have one of the below? I do... not one, but several...
- To think that what one says or does is better than what others say or do.
- To always want to get your own way.
- To argue with stubbornness and bad manners whether you are right or wrong.
- To give your opinion when it has not been requested or when charity does not demand it.
- To look down on another's point of view.
- Not to look on your gifts and abilities as lent.
- Not to recognize that you are unworthy of all honors and esteem, not even of the earth you walk on and things you possess.
- To use yourself as an example in conversations.
- To speak badly of yourself so that others will think well of you or contradict you.
- To excuse yourself when you are corrected.
- To hide humiliating faults from your spiritual director, so that he will not change the impression he has for you.
- To take pleasure in praise and compliments.
- To be saddened because others are held in higher esteem.
- To refuse to perform inferior tasks.
- To seek to stand out.
- To refer in conversation to your honesty, genius, dexterity, or professional prestige.
- To be ashamed because you lack certain goods.
From the Writings of Bl. Josemaria Escriva