Pages

Mar 12, 2006

My 1st week of Lent


The 2nd week of Lent has started today. Looking back at how I did in the first week, honestly I haven't done much. Of the 15 ways to improve my lent, I only practised... ONE - point no.3. Arrgh, what a shame.

I wonder what was wrong with my tongue lately. When things did not go as I expected, those familiar words were automatically added to my sentences. I did not realise it most of the time, only after the words were uttered. "Audrey, stop cursing!" A friend of mine would never fail yielling at me everytime she heard those words coming from me. *Sigh* Really bad, is it not?

For the 2nd week of Lent, I would like to specially practise point no.8 -- observe five minutes of silence every day. I hope not just for 5 minutes, but for the whole day. I want to learn how to control my tongue, when to talk and when not to. At these moments of silence, I want my thoughts to be occupied by God alone. And most importantly, I'm sure I lack humility.

There are so many things I wish to do to improve my christian life (not just my Lent!), but the more I planned, the less I take them into practice. I did not have enough sleep last week as I wanted to finish my thesis draft; perhaps my lack of sleep caused all the resentments in me.

How was your first week of Lent?

I pray that all those who are preparing for Easter will walk more closely with Jesus this week. God bless everyone.
Post a Comment