Pages

Oct 16, 2005

An Answer?

I've been giving this into thinking, so I didn't blog on this immediately.

A few days before I posted 'Desperate', I was flipping through a book called 'The Catholic Religion'. An old book published in 1987 (I was only 5 years old!) in Australia. It was on my dad's reading table. Out of boredom, I picked the book up and started flipping it just for the sake of flipping.

Then one word struck me. Secular Institutes. SECULAR. I've seen that word before, but where? I wondered and read the description under that title.

Some men and women dedicate their lives completely to God without becoming Priests or Nuns or Brothers... through vows or promises to practise celibacy and poverty... some do not wear any special religious dress; they usually continue to live in their own homes; they share in a special way in the life of the Church by their regular christian service of others.

I suddenly remembered one small segment behind the daily reflection booklet (Lectio Divina) I have, it goes like this:

For the Discalced Carmelites Order and the Church in Malaysia
Jesus needs help in looking after His sheep and He is calling you
not to work for Him but to work with Him as:-
  1. A Carmelite or Diocesan Priest
  2. A Carmelite nun
  3. A Secular Carmelite (Membership is open to single, married,
    widow and Diocesan Priest)

SECULAR CARMELITE. Some funny feelings in my heart. Is God calling me? Or did I just read that by accident?

It has been bothering me for the whole week. I have always longed for the moment I can take the vow of everlasting love for God. Has He heard me? Is this His response to my heart's cry?
I pray that it is His answer. I will meet the local Carmelite sisters for more information during the study week (two weeks from now).

Please remember me in your prayers. Merci beaucoup!
Read more about Secular Carmelite here.

9 comments:

Matthew said...

Hello,

I know how difficult such decisions can be as I am thinking about becoming a priest. I feel called to love God, to serve Him to the fullest of my ability and bring others to Him.

I will pray for you and hope you chose the perfect route for you that will keep you in God's love. God needs us to serve Him.

Peace

Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

I'll say a prayer for your discernment. Keep us posted. This is exciting.

Audrey Yu said...

moneybags and josue,

I'm really touched by the encouragement you've given me. If only I have friends like you here. Whenever I mentioned about vocation, majority of them said that God has commanded us to multiply... not staying single or enter the seminary etc. Because of that, I prefer talking to the nuns/sisters I know instead of talking to them.

Yes, please keep me in your prayers. I want to know whether all that had happened was a coincident, or they were really from God.

God bless.

Audrey Yu said...

Moneybags, I'll pray for you too. ;)

Snowflake said...

dear aud, didn't know so many things were going through you heart at one shot. Now i understand why you said something's bothering you. I also know that i acnnot fully understand what your going through but i can tell you that those feelings were meant to bo felt. EVERYTHING happens for a reason. I pray God also gives you wisdom to interpret those feelings. If it's really His call you'll know. Someone once told me that. When His finger is pointing at you you won't miss it!

Snowflake said...

dear aud, didn't know so many things were going through you heart at one shot. Now i understand why you said something's bothering you. I also know that i acnnot fully understand what your going through but i can tell you that those feelings were meant to bo felt. EVERYTHING happens for a reason. I pray God also gives you wisdom to interpret those feelings. If it's really His call you'll know. Someone once told me that. When His finger is pointing at you you won't miss it!

Audrey Yu said...

SuYin,
Thank you pal! Perhaps I should just push that aside for the time being, at least this week. I want it to be the force for me to go forward, not preventing me. Anyway, it's just part of the matters that are bothering me. I'm praying that I can get over this week 'safe and sound'.

God bless.

Matthew said...

My prayers are with you too.

Thanks :)

ukok said...

Audrey, I pray for you to discern the will of God in this. May your faith be always rejoicing in the Lord.

God Bless you!