Pages

May 19, 2006

Da Vinci Code - Is boycotting the best solution?

A good question?

I've been receiving a lot of comments, opinions and did a few read-ups too on whether or not Catholics (and Protestants as well) boycott the movie. Of course, the answers I've received are both 'yes' and 'no'.

If you're still undecided whether to go for the movie tomorrow (19/05/06), or even if you have already made your decision, do visit these few sites which I found and read what the experts have to say.

  1. The DaVinci Code: An Opportunity for the Gospel – Are You Ready?
  2. Speak strong. Speak softly.
  3. How To Leverage The Da Vinci Code.
  4. The Big Question: Do We Protest, Boycott, or Engage?

Here's another post: Boycott Da Vinci Code. I agree with what these people have to say.

If you still want to go for the movie, then please pray and get yourself spiritually ready. Pray for the guidance of the Holy Spirit and for God's protection that you may not be led astray.

I have made up my mind NOT to go for the movie. I'm not going to let my money flow into the pockets of the producer. If God wills it, I might get myself a pirated DVD; if not, then I will just forget about it.

Please please please pray before you make your decision!

2 comments:

Prince of Darkness said...

Hey Audrey, if wan to go for the movie, just go lar, dun think so much. Haha Just enjoy the movie...

Audrey Yu said...

I dun think I'll be going for it. The most I'll do is to read the book, or borrow the VCD or DVD from someone.