Pages

Apr 12, 2006

Buy not... the book from Hell

Thanks God I've been given the chance to read this post. Thank you, Georgette, for posting this.

DO NOT BUY THE BOOKS ENTITLED CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD AND CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD FOR TEENS!!!!
[Please read the original post first before you continue reading the rest of my post]


Here's a very small part posted by Georgette found in the book "Conversation With God", a question about the forgiveness of sin, which the answer given by this 'god' really pissed me off:

"I do not forgive anyone because there is nothing to forgive. There is no such thing as right or wrong and that is what I have been trying to tell everyone, do not judge people. People have chosen to judge one another and this is wrong, because the rule is "'judge not lest ye be judged.'"
Okay... so you said that there's no such thing as right or wrong. But you also said that it's WRONG to judge one another. Now I'm confused... of all things you've mention, which are RIGHT and which are WRONG???

So all of you out there who are book lovers... please beware. If you have the books, you should know where they belong (the trash bin!).

3 comments:

Matthew said...

I've posted a warning on this book before too - don't read it.

Also, don't read "Jesus Dynasty". I posted about it recently on my blog. It's a horrible book claiming Jesus didn't really rise from the dead as well as saying Mary was not a virgin.

piscotikus said...

Read the:
UPDATE:
Angela reminds me that these books are not to be confused with the excellent Catholic series with a similar title, In Conversation with God by Rev. Francis Fernandez-Carvajal. This is a series of 7 different volumes with meditations for each day. Here is a link to Vol. 2 in that series. Angela calls them her "homily for the day." They are truly holy.

I have found the "good" books truy inspiring. And recommend them very much!

Audrey Yu said...

Moneybags,
Thanks. Let this post be another reminder for our readers.

Piscotikus,
Oh thank you. I forgot to include that!


God bless!