Pages

Apr 14, 2006

Good Friday...

My heart has been broken yesterday as I listen to the homily of Christ's Last Supper and the beginning of His Passion. I wasn't able to stay for the Eucharistic Adoration after Mass. I reached home feeling dissatisfied, went up to my room, sat on my bed and stared at the ceiling with my mind full of the images of the Crucified Jesus until I finally fell asleep.

I woke up in this morning about 9.30, did a little reflection on the readings last night and started doing my revision (final exam this coming Monday!). After an hour, a call came from a church friend asking me why I wasn't there at the choir practice. Okay... seriously no one told me about any kind of practice. I waited for my dad to come back from wherever-he-was and off I went to church. And there... I was pissed off. Obviously I was 1 hour late because I was only told of the practice an hour ago, yet these people laughed at me for being 'so early'. Worse still, the teens even 'presented' me with the song "all hail queen Audrey...", which made me screaming at them: "Hey! There's only one Queen and that's Our Lady!" And since then I feel really down. I'm supposed to be doing revision right now, but look, what am I doing now? Sitting down blogging and reading blogs... Oh Lord, I'm really sorry if I've placed more burdens on Your Cross!

Also, a reminder for all who are reading my posts... Today is also the beginning of the Divine Mercy Novena.

It's time for me to join the Novena in church, follows by Good Friday service.

Have a blessed Holy Week.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your misfortune last night. Fear not, though. They mocked you, but they mocked our Lord just the same. Today we remember and recall His horrible passion and death, and He did it all for us. More, even, if you were the only person that ever lived, He would have died the same death for you.

Audrey Yu said...

Thank you, Moneybags! :)